A Cornwall Summer Holiday, Part 1


When I grow up, I want to live in Cornwall. It's true. The only downside of Cornwall is the lack of readily available vegan food but I can just cook all the time, no big deal. I love it there. My boyfriend and I had two summer holidays there this year and it's just so gorgeous you're left wondering "is this actually England...like, ACTUALLY?"


First of all, I really enjoy the drive...as long as I'm not the one driving ;) The views are gorgeous, all the fields and so many cows (I love cows) and of course the Stonehenge, which I know a lot of people think is boring but I listened to a very long podcast about all the conspiracies surrounding it and it's anything but boring. Look it up if you don't believe me.



For our first Cornwall holiday, we stayed in a little village called Goldsithney, near Penzance. It was a really cute village with just a couple of pubs and a little shop opposite the house we were staying in. The house belongs to a family friend of mine, so my Mum has stayed there before. She told us there was a beach in walking distance, so we decided to try and find it one day. The picture above is from our attempt. We ended up in the middle of a huge wheat field without a path, surrounded by more fields, no sand in sight. We didn't try again after that, but it was really funny.

The first few days we were there it was chucking it down with rain, so we found ourselves stuck inside watching the world cup all day (yes this post is very late shhh). Determined to find an activity, I decided on Healey's cider farm.





The farm had lots of lovely animals and of course loads of cider! The last picture is how much we left with! We also had a tractor ride around the gorgeous orchard, where we got to learn more about the history of cider. A great day out, considering the weather...the alcohol helped obviously.


The next day we headed to Marazion to see St. Michaels's Mount. I've never seen Poldark but apparently this is the filming location, at least there were loads of souvenirs with his face slapped on. It was still pretty chilly but really gorgeous to see. We didn't actually go to the mount because I had left my national trust passes back at home (well done me), but just sitting on the lovely beach looking at it was a great day.




The next day we headed to Newquay, where we went to the amazing Green Heart Cafe, which I've already done a post on so go check that out if you didn't see, it contains the best vegan pasty and cake ever! We can never pass an arcade without a game of air hockey so we hung around in there for a while until I had spent way too many 2ps to win a keyring and then headed to the beach!





Our last two days, we spent in St. Ives, which may be the most gorgeous place in England. This beautiful town had our minds made up, we're moving here when we're older. We went to the same amazing burger restaurant for lunch BOTH days where I had the most incredible vegan burger on planet earth, which I now CAN'T FIND A PICTURE OF what was I thinking?!?!?! It's called Hubbox and if you ever see one GO there, seriously.






We took the train from St Erth to St Ives for both connivence and the stunning views. This coastline railway is absolutely gorgeous, I'm so glad our friends told us about it! 


The end of our holiday was much warmer, as the heatwave was approaching, but the evenings were still chilly, especially with the sea breeze. We found a little beach to sit down by before the last train, where my crazy boyfriend decided to go for a swim...yep...it was bloody freezing. I was scared he was going to get hypothermia but he doesn't often listen to me. I couldn't even keep my feet in for 5 minutes! He went full on swimming, needless to say, he was the only one.


And that was our first of the Cornwall holidays. The next day, we visited incredible The Eden Project before heading home. I was super sad to leave, but what do you know, we came back to Cornwall not even 2 months later! (look out for part 2!!)




I should give out prizes for anyone who made it through this super long post ahaha. Part 2 will much shorter I promise

Lon x

Comments

  1. This looks amazing, I absolutely love Cornwall! So many gorgeous spots!

    Love, Amie ❤
    The Curvaceous Vegan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos, looks like a lot of fun was had & that cidre looks refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The way you’ve described Cornwall reminds me of the Orkney Islands of Scotland (which I adore)! I simply must visit! Also, how in the world could anyone find standing stones boring, lol?😍❤️✌🏻
    Dana
    NowhereToBeProject.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning coastline.. fab beaches. It's good to be reminded, living in the city that if we do venture out a bit further we do have fab seaside destinations at home. There's so many amazing Scottish beaches that I've yet to explore

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw it sucks that Cornwall isn't that good for vegans. British seasides tend to be like that, and I wonder why? (Apart from Brighton, of course). Your photos make it look like an absolute paradise here! I'm not usually a huge fan of beaches, but this looks lovely.
    jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cornwall is beautiful isn't it. I haven't been for years though. My sisters always takes the kids in the summer holidays. The beaches are so pretty.

    Siobhan x ~ https://www.veganbabelife.co.uk/category/blog/blogtober/uk

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Small Ways to Save the Planet - Plastic Consumption

Thai Islands: Koh Samui

The Amazing Eden Project